7 steps for brushing success
Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Let the bristles do the work – instead of squashing the brush against your teeth, move slowly and gently across the surface of every tooth.
- Angle the bristles next to the outer surface of your teeth toward the gum line.
- Gently move the brush in a circular motion.
- Gently scrub all the outer surfaces of the upper and lower teeth, making sure to reach the back teeth.
- Using the same circular motion, brush the inside surfaces of all your teeth.
- Scrub the chewing surfaces, especially the grooves that may collect food particles in your back teeth.
- Use the tip of the toothbrush in a circular motion to clean the front teeth.
- Finally, gently brush the roof of your mouth, the insides of your cheeks, and your tongue. This makes your entire mouth feel clean and may also freshen your breath.